|M V Publications – 2007
- A focus group study among type 2 diabetic subjects. Shobana R, Christina R, Rao PR, Margaret M, Vijay V, Ramachandran A. JAPI 2007; 55(1):84-85.
- Increasing expenditure on health care incurred by diabetic subjects in a developing country A study from India. Ramachandran A, Shobana R, Snehalatha C, Christina Augustine, Murugesan N, Vijay V, Kapoor A Williams R. Diabetes care 2007;30(2):252-256.PMID:17259490
- Metabolic syndrome does not increase the risk of conversion of IGT to DM in Asian Indians: Results of IDDP. Ramachandran A, Snehalatha C, Satyavani K, Sivasankari S, Vijay V. DRCP 2007; 76(2):215 – 218.PMID:16982107
- Insulin resistance and clustering cardio metabolic risk factors in urban teenagers in southern India. Ramachandran A, Snehalatha C, Yamuna A, Murugesan , Venkat Narayan KM,. Diabetes care 2007; 30(7):1828-1833
- Parental influence on the spectrum of type 2 diabetes in the offspring among Indians. Ramachandran A, Snehalatha C, Sivasankari S, Hit man GA, Vijay V. JAPI 2007;55(8):560-562.
- Awareness about diabetes and its complications in the general and diabetic population in a city in southern India. Murugesan N, Snehalatha C, Shobhana R, Roglic G, Ramachandran A. DRCP 2007;77(3):433-437.
- Risk of future diabetes is as high with abnormal intermediate post glucose response as with impaired glucose tolerance. Vijay V, Clementina M, Mamta Nair B, Satyavani K. JAPI 2007;55(12): 833-837.
- The Diabetic foot: Perspectives from Chennai, South India. Vijay V. Int J of Lower Extremity Wounds 2007; 6(1) : 34 – 36.
- Prevention of type 2 diabetes: A review. Hussain A, Claussen B, Ramachandran A, Williams R. Diab. Resear. Cli Pract 2007; 76: 317 – 326.
- Exercise and Diabetes mellitus. Vijay V. Asian J Diabetology; 2007: 10 – 11
- Yoga as an adjunct therapy for type2 Diabetes mellitus. Vijay V. Asian J Diabtology; 2007: 37 – 38.
- Diabetic Foot. Vijay V. Physician’s Digest April – May 2007; 16(1): 7 – 13
- The diabetic foot in Africa and India. Zulfiqarali G. Abbas and Vijay V. International Diabetes Monitor 2007; 19(1): 8 – 12.
- Insulin resistance and clustering of cardiometabolic risk factors in urban teenagers in southern India.Ramachandran A, Snehalatha C, Yamuna A, Murugesan N, Narayan KM.Diabetes Care. 2007 Jul;30(7):1828-33.PMID:17416794
|M V Publications – 2008
- Wolfram syndrome. Vijay V, Medumpudi S, Kadiri M. JAPI 2008; 56(3):197-199.
- Effect of taurine and acetyl cysteine in attenuating micoalbuminuria in type 2 diabetes. Vijay V, Nair MB, Tilak P. Indian journal of Nephrology 2008;18(2):85.
- Warm immersion recovery test in assessment of diabetic neuropathy – a proof of concept study. Manish Bharara, Vijay V, Cobb J E. Int. J Wounds 2008; 5 : 570-576.
- Cold immersion recovery test in assessment of diabetic neuropathy – a proof of concept study. Manish Bharara, Vijay V, Cobb J E. Int. J Wounds 2008; 5 : 570-576.
- Limited joint mobility and plantar pressure in type 1 diabetic subjects in India. Vijay V, Sivagami M, Seena R, Satyavani K. JAPI 2008;56(7):509-511.
- High prevalence of metabolic syndrome and cardiovascular risk among police personnel compared to general population in India. Shabana T, Satyavani K, Muthukumaran P, Vijay V. JAPI 2008; 56(11):845-849
- Three siblings with woodhouse – sakati syndrome in an Indian family. Koshy G, Danda S, Thomas N, Mathews V, Vijay V. Clinical Dysmorphology 2008; 17: 57 – 60.
- Burden of neuropathic pain in Indian patients attending urban, specialty clinics: results from a cross sectional study. IndINep study group. Pain Practice 2008; 8: 362 – 378.
|M V Publications – 2009
- Levels of glycated albumin at different stages diabetic nephropathy in India. Vijay V, Satyavani K, Priyanka Tilak, Parthiban M. Int J Diabetese & Metabolism 17: 77 – 80; 2009
- Cost of medical care among type 2 diabetic patients with a co morbid condition – hypertension in India. Shabana T, Satyavani K, Vijay V DRCP 83: 263 – 267; 2009
- Assessment of ulcer related outcomes in type 2 diabetic patients with foot ulceration in India. Vijay V, Satyavani K, Saraswathi G, Gautham G, Bhadendeanth Das. J diabetic foot complications 1(2)no 3 40 – 6; 2009.
- Gestational diabetes mellitus. Mitalee Hazarika. IMA Assam Sate branch calling Vol 8(2 & 3) 18 – 19, April – Sep 2009.
- New Era in Diabetes. Hemanga Barman. IMA Assam State branch calling Vol 8 (2 & 3)31 – 32, April – Sep 2009.
- Impact of socioeconomic status on prevalence of overweight and obesity among children and adolescents in urban India. Shabana T, Vijay V. The Obesity journal 1; 9 – 14; 2009
- According to advance a safe treatment strategy for near normal glycemic control in type 2 diabetes. Vijay V. TAPIJ 1(1): May – Aug; 10 – 12; 2009
- Prevalence of lower urinary tract infection in south Indian type 2 diabetic subjects. J Jenifer, Geethalakshmi S, Satyavani K, Vijay V. IJN 19(3): 108 – 112; 2009
- Severity of erectile dysfunction and prevalence of premature ejaculation among type 2 diabetic men referred to an ED Clinic of teritiary care centre. Vijay V, Sarweswar Agarwal, Satyavani K. JAPI 57(8); 604; 2009
- Prevalence of metabolic syndrome among Asian Indian subjects with elevated intermedicine glucose response during OGTT. Vijay V, Satyavani K, Clementia M, Priyanka Tilak.DRCP 83: e17 – e18; 2009
- Microalbuminuria: A Peril for cardiovascular disease. Priyanka Tilak, Satyavani K, Vijay V. Asian J Diabetology 11(3); 27 – 32; 2009
- Oxidative stress markers regulating the healing of foot ulcers in patients with type 2 diabetes. Shiny John Vairamon, Mary Babu, Vijay V. Wounds: a CCRP. 21(10): 273 – 279; 2009
- Prevention of diabetes by Lifestyle modification. Vijay V, Shabana Thaekar. Samvriddhi – CII News Letter, 11 – 13, 2009
- Development and evaluation of a training programme on primary prevention of diabetes for primary care physicians. Shabana T, kathiresan K, Abraham P, Vijay V. Int J health research 2(4): 305 – 314; 2009.
- Sitagliptin: The First in a new class of DPP – 4 inhibitors for the treatment of type 2 diabetes. Vijay V. TAPIJ 1(2): sep – Dec 2009
|M V Publications – 2010
- Comparative analysis of transcription factors of insulin signaling (Insulin receptor substrate family). Sampoornam B, Satyavani K, Vijay V. Ind J Biotech 9 (Jan), 2010:24 – 30.
- Prevalence, aetiology and management of diabetic nephropathy: Indian overview. Vijay V, Tilak P. J of Gen Med, Jan – Mar,22 (1), 2010: 25 – 29.
- Can the Divide be bridged: Overview of Life in Urban Slums in India.Vijay V, Tharkar S. Indian J Community Med. 2010 Jan;35(1):198-9.
- Chennai slim and fit programme: Awareness and perceptions related to obesity among urban children and adolescents. Tharkar S, Vijay V. TAPI J 2(1) jan – April, 2010: 19 – 22.
- Prevalence of lower urinary tract infection in South Indian type 2 diabetic subjects. Janifer J, Geethalakshmi S, Satyavani K, Vijay V. Indian J Nephrol. 2010 Apr;20(2):120.
- Knowledge and Outcome Measure of HbA1c Testing in Asian Indian Patients with Type 2 Diabetes from a Tertiary Care Center. Kumpatla S, Medempudi S, Manoharan D, Vijay V. Indian J Community Med. 2010 Apr;35(2):290-3.
- Clinical significance of urinary Monocyte Chemoattractant Protein-1 (uMCP-1)in Indian type 2 diabetic patients at different stages of diabetic nephropathy Priyanka Tilak, Zenith Khashim, Satyavani Kumpatla, Mary Babu, Vijay V. International Journal of Diabetes Mellitus 2 (2010) 15–19
- Comparison of post amputation outcome in patients with type 2 diabetes from specialized foot care centres in three developing countries.Vijay V, Wadud JR, Madhavan S, Rajasekar S, Kumpatla S, Lutale JK, Abbas ZG. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2010 May;88(2):146-50
- Harries AD, Murray MB, Jeon CY, Ottmani SE, Lonnroth K, Barreto ML, Billo N, Brostrom R, Bygbjerg IC, Fisher-Hoch S, Mori T, Ramaiya K, Roglic G, Strandgaard H, Unwin N, Vijay V, Whiting D, Kapur A. Defining the research agenda to reduce the joint burden of disease from diabetes mellitus and tuberculosis. Trop Med Int Health. 2010 Jun;15(6):659-63.
- Diabetes and heart failure: complex duo. Vijay V, Deepa M. Cardiology Today 2010, 14 (3), May – June; 125 – 129.
- Intra urban differences and double burden of uncer weifhr and over weight in developing world. Vijay V, Tharkar S, TAPI J 2010, 2 (2), May – Aug; 22 – 23.
- Saxagliption: a New Dpp – 4 inhibitor in type 2 diabetes. Vijay V TAPI J 2010, 2 (2) May – Aug; 33 – 36.
- The socioeconomics of diabetes from a developing country: a population based cost of illness study. Tharkar S, Devarajan A, Kumpatla S, Vijay V. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2010 Sep;89(3):334-40.
- Effect of obesity on cardiovascular risk factors in urban populations in South India. Tharkar S, Vijay V. Heart Asia 2010: 2; 145 – 149.
- Epidemiology of diabetic foot and management of foot problems in India.Vijay V. Int J Low Extrem Wounds. 2010 Sep;9(3):122-6.
- Role of combination therapy in hypertension. Vijay V. Asian J Diabe, 2010; 12 (3), July – Sep: 13 – 17.
- Insulin resistance at different stages of diabetic kidney disease in India.Vijay V, Tilak P, Meerza R, Kumpatla S. J Assoc Physicians India. 2010 Oct;58:612-5.
- Liraglutide – A novel once daily human GLP-1 analogue for type 2 diabetes mellitus. Vijay V. TAPI J 2010, 2 (3) Sep – Dec; 33 – 36.
- Association of non – alcoholic fatty liver disease with diabetic microvascular and macrovascular complications in south Indian diabetic subjects. Vijay V, Kaditi M, Srikant M, Satyavani K. IJDDC 2010, Oct – Dec; 30 (4): 208 – 212.
|M V Publications – 2011
- Cardiovascular risk factors in North Indian populations in South India vs native South indian populations. Vijay V, Tharkar S, Arutselvei D, satyavani K, Vigneswari A, Parthiban M. IJCP
- Pattern and causes of amputation in diabetic patients--a multicentric study from India.Vijay V, Kumpatla S. J Assoc Physicians India. 2011 Mar;59:148-51
- Efficacy of glycated albumin (GA) in comparison with glaycated haemoglobin (HbA1C) in type 2 diabetic subjects in India. Satyavani K, Tilak P, Vijay V. J Med Edu and Res, 2011: 13(2) Jan – Mar; 6 – 10.
- Awareness about HbA1c test in type 2 diabetic patients during registration in a tertiary care centre in India. Srikant M, Satyavani K, Vijay V. TAPIJ 2011; 3(1): 8 – 13.
- Central blood pressure lowering and cardiovascular prevention. Vijay V TAPIJ 2011; 3(1): 21 – 22.
- Role of α – glucosidase inhibitors in the management of postprandial hyperglycemia. Vijay V, Asian J Diabe 2011; 13(1) Jan – Mar: 9 – 12.
- Vascular changes seen in postprandial hyperglycemia. Vijay V and Divya M. Asian J Diabe 2011; 13(1): 14 – 18.
- Role of triple drug combination therapy for type 2 diabetes millitus – Clinical perspective. Vijay V, Asian J Diabe 2011: 13 (2); 9 – 12.
- A pilot study on the effects of a polyherbal formulation cream on diabetic foot ulcers.Vijay V, Kesavan R, Kavitha KV, Kumpatla S. Indian J Med Res. 2011 Aug;134(2):168-73
- Management of diabetic hypertensives. Ganesh J, Vijay V. Indian J Endocrinol Metab. 2011 Oct;15 Suppl 4:S374-9.
- Fear about marriage and conception among youth with Type 1 diabetes: An exploratory study. Sripriya Shaji, Umamahesh K, Satyavani K, Vijay V. Tapij 2011; 3(2): 1 – 6.
- How far has translation of research been implemented into clinical practice in India? Are the recommended guidelines adhered to?. Tharkar S, Arutselvi D, burman H, Uma mahesh, Vijay V, IJDM 2011.
- Optimal RAAS control: DRIs beyond BP reductions. TAPI J 2011 3(3), Sep – Dec; 39 - 44.
- Pattern of diseases among patients attending private heath care centres in a south Indian state, tami nadu – A Study from API – TNSC. Vijay V, Ponniah S, Jadeesan KMSV, Balakeishnan K, Gurumoorthy T, pothiraju s, Ramamurthy SP, Maruthupandian M, Sundaraj T, Mathiselvan CA, Alagia Nambi P, Danial MK, Srinivas S, Eswaran P, Vigneswari A, Satyavani K. TAPI J 2011: 3(3); Sep – Dec 1 – 5.
- Recent advances in management of diabetic nephropathy – An Overview. Vidya V, Yogesh NV, Georgi A, Vijay V, Mathew M. TAPIJ 2011; Vol 3(3): 22 – 32.
- Changing trend in one decade in the profile of newly diagnosed subjects with type2 diabetes in India. Satyavani K, clementina M, Vigneshwari A Vijay V, Int J Diab and Metab. 2011; 19: 107 – 111.
- Visceral Adiposity Index and pattern of dyslipidaemia at different stages of glucose intolerance—A study from India. Satyavani K, Clementina M, Vijay V. Diabetes & Metabolic Syndrome:Clinical Research & Reviews. 2011; 5(4): 173-178.
|M V Publications – 2012
- Prevalence of diagnosed and undiagnosed diabetes and hypertension in India – results from the screening India’s twin epidemic (SITE) study. Shanshank R J, Banshi S, Vijay V. Diab tech and Therapeutics 2012; Vol 14 (1): 1 – 8
- α2 Heremans schmid glycoprotein (AHSG) gene Thr 256 Ser polymorshism in type 2 diabetes among south Indians. Ezhilarasi K, thanigaivelan K, Parthiban M, Vijay V. Int J Cureent Res, 2012; 4(3): 107 – 111
- Is HSP 70-hom (C2437T) single nuleotied polymorphism (SNP) associatd with diabetic foot u;cer (DFU) among south Indian population?. Dhamodharan u, Ezhilarasi K, Parthiban M, Rama R, Indira P, Vijay V. J Dia Foot Compli, 2012; 4 (2)No: 3 : 57 – 62.
- Prevalence of diabetes and pre diabetes and associated risk factors among Tuberculosis patients in India. Vijay V, Satyavani K, Vigneswari A, Rajeswari R, Chinnaswamy C, Rajan S, Selvam J M, Kapur A. Plos ONE 2012 7 (7): 1 -8
- Impact of awareness programme on prevention of childhood obesity among school children in a metropolitan city – Chennai slim and fit programme. Vignewswari A, Manikandan R, Satyavani K, Rajeswari R, Vijay V. J Edu and practice, 2012; 3 (9); 88 – 94.
- Risk associated with the development of overt nephropathy in type 2 diabetes patients: A 12 years observational study. Vijay V, Tilak P, Satyavani K. IJMR, 2012; 136 (1): 46 – 53.
- Association of A1538G and C2437T single nucleotide polymorphisms in heat shock protein 70 genes with type 2 diabetes. Dhamodharan U, Ezhilarasi K, Parthiban M, Rama Rajaram, Indira padmalayam, Vijay V. Labmedicine Fall 2012; 43(6): 250 – 255.
- Olmesartan Medoxomil. Vijay V. TAPIJ 2012; 4(1): 20 – 21.
- Linagliptin. Vijay V TAPIJ 2012; 4 (2): 14 – 17.
- Bias and barriers influencing patients’ attendance towards diabetes education programme. Sripriya S, satyavani K, Vijay V. TAPJ 2010; 4 (3): 1 -7
- Improving diabetes care: Multi-component cardiovascular disease risk reduction strategies for people with diabetes in south asia – The CARRS multi-centre translation trial. Shah S, Kavitha singh, Ali MK, Mohan V, Kadir MM,Unnikrishnan AG, Sahey RK, Varthakavi P,Mala D, Vijay V, Masood Q, Bantwal G, Rajesh K, Ankush D, etal. DRCP 2012; 98 : 285-294.
- Evaluation of Roger’s charcot foot classification system in south Indian diabetic subjects with Charcot foot. Vijay V, Rajesh Kesavan, Kavitha KV, satyavani K. J Dia Foot Compli 2012; 4(3) No2: 67 – 70.
- Subjects with Type 2diabetes may have obstructive sleep apnoea even at lower BMI values. Vijay V, Ramakrishnan N, Sunaina S, Vigneswari A, Satyavani K. Ind J Sleep Med 2012; 7(2):45 – 47.
- Association of diabetes and tuberculosis--a major public health challenge. Vigneswari A, Vijay V, Kumpatla S. Indian Med Assoc. 2012 Sep;110(9):646-8.
|M V Publications – 2013
- Effect of Spironolactone and Amiloride on Thiazolidinedione – induced fluid retention in south Indian patients with type 2 Diabetes. Vijay V, Mohan V, Subramani P, Parthasarathy N,Subramaniyam G, Manoharan D, Sundaramoorthy C, Gundi L, Karalliedde J, Viberti G, Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2013 Feb;8(2):225-32. .
- Problems associated with diabetes care in India. Vijay V, Rao VN. Diabetes Management 2013; 3(1): 31 – 40.
- The cost of treating long term diabetic complications in a developing country: A study from India. Satyavani K, Hemalatha K, Tharkar S, Vijay V. JAPI. 2013: 61(2): 102 – 109.
- Stromal cell – derived factor (SDF - 1β) Gene single nucleotide polymorphism st position G801A is associated with type 2 diabetes mellitus in a south Indian population. Dhamodharan U, Ezhilarasi K, parthiban M, Rama Rajaram, Indira P, Vijay V. Int J Genetic Eng 2013, 3(1): 1 – 5.
- Managing diabetic foot infection in India. Vijay V, Rao VN. Int J Lower Extremity Wounds. 2013; 12(2): 158-166.PMID: 23667101
- Relationship between Retinal – Renal complications among type 2 diabetic subjects in India. Vijay V, Satyavani K, Tilak P, Archana K. Int J Diab & vas disease and Res (IJDVR). 2013; 1(2): 1 – 9.
- Screening of patients with diabetes mellitus for tuberculosis in India. India Diabetes Mellitus – Tuberculosis study Group. Trop Med Int Health 2013; 18(5): 646 – 54.
- Comparison of exercise regime between adults with type 2 diabetes and healthy subjects. Sripriya S, Ramya G, satyavani K, Vijay V. TAPIJ Vol 5(2): 7 – 12.
- Saxagliptin / Metformin: A Review. TAPIJ Vol 5(2): 23 – 25.
- Case Discussion: Quiz. Vijay V and Jaiganesh M. TAPIJ Vol 5(2): 34 – 35.
- Evaluation of diabetes self-care with self-monitoring of blood glucose among type 2 diabetic patients and its impact on HbA1c. Shaji S, Dhanalakshmi R, Satyavani K, Vijay V. IJDDC 2013; 33(3): 181 -182.
- Insulin resistance and cardio metabolic abnormalities among overweight South Indian children: chennai slim and fit programme. Tharkar S, Devarajan A, Kumpatla S, Muthukumaran P, Vijay V. Indian J Community Med. 2013 Apr;38(2):121-2.
- Evaluation of performance of A1c and FPG tests for screening newly diagnosed diabetes defined by an OGTT among tuberculosis patients-a study from India. Kumpatla S, Vigneswari A, Rajan R, Vijay V, Kapur A. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2013 Oct;102(1):60-4.
- Characteristics of patients with diabetes screened for tuberculosis in a tertiary care hospital in South India S. Kumpatla, A. Sekar, S. Achanta, B. N. Sharath, A. M. V. Kumar, A. D. Harries, Vijay V. Public Health action, 2013; 3(S1): S23 – S28.
- Bioburden vs Antibiogram of diabetic foot infection. Jenifer J, Geethalakshmi S, Satyavani K, Vijay V. Clin Res Foot & ankle. 2013; 1(3) (open access)
- Prevalence of residual bladder and associated risk factors in patients with type 2 diabetes seen in a tertiary care centre. Burman H, Patel R, Rekha K, Satyavani K, Suresh M, Vijay V. TAPIJ 2013; 5 (3): 6 – 11.
- Case Discussion: Quiz. Vijay V and Jaiganesh M. TAPIJ 2013; 5(3); 20 – 21.
- Protocol of an observational study to evaluate diabetic nephropathy through detection of microalbuminuria in Indian patients. Gokulnath, Manisha S, Sanjay K, Vijay V, A H Zargar, P G Talwalkar, Subhash Kuamr Wangnoo, Debasish Maji, G Vijay Kumar, Ramesh Kumar Deodatta Chafekar, Brij Mohan, Ganapathi Bantwal, Anil Bansali, Jasmeet Singh Sahni Indian J Endocrinol Metab 2013 May;17(3):496-504
|M V Publications – 2014
- Risk of Diabetes in Subjects with Sedentary Profession and the Synergistic Effect of Positive Family History of Diabetes. Vigneswari A, Satyavani K, Manikandan R,Rajeswari Rajan, Vijay V. Diabetes Technology & Therapeutics. 2014. Vol 16(1): 26 – 32.PMID: 24116832
- Effect of diabetes on treatment outcome of smear-positive pulmonary tuberculosis— A report from South India. Vijay V, Vigneswari A, Selvan K, Satyavani K,. Rajeswari R, Anil Kapur. Journal of Diabetes and Its Complications 28 (2014) 162–165. - PMID: 24461545
- Incidence of cardiovascular diseases and associated risk factors among subjects with type 2 diabetes e An 11-year follow up study. Umamahesh K, Vigneswari A, Surya Thejaswi G, Satyavani K, Vijay V. Indian heart journal 2014; 66: e 5- 10 - PMID: 24035281
- Direct cost associated with chronic kidney disease among type 2 diabetic patients in India. Satyavani K, Hemalatha K, Jayaraman M, Vijay V. Indian J Nephrology 2014; 24(3): 141 – 147.
- Global guideline for type 2 diabetes. International Diabetes Federation Guideline Development Group. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2014 Apr;104(1):1-52. -PMID: 24508150
- Efficacy and safety of hydroxychloroquine in the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus: a double blind, randomized comparison with pioglitazone. Pareek A, Chandurkar N, Thomas N, Vijay V, Deshpande A, Gupta OP, Shah A, Kakrani A, Bhandari S, Thulasidharan NK, Saboo B, Devaramani S, Vijaykumar NB, Sharma S, Agrawal N, Mahesh M, Kothari K. Curr Med Res Opin. 2014 Jul;30(7):1257-66 - PMID: 24669876
- Comparison of plasma adiponectin & certain inflammatory markers in angiographically proven coronary artery disease patients with & without diabetes – A study from India. Satyavani K, Kirubakaran K, Sathyamurthy I, Parthiban M, Jayanthi K, Srinivasan KN, Vijay V. Ind J Medical Research 2014; 139: 841 – 850 - PMID: 25109718
- Insulin Degludec – A novel ultra – long acting basal insulin analogue. Vijay V, TAPIJ 2014; 6(1): 6 – 10.
- An aggressive and multi-pronged approach to prevent amputation in India. Vijay V. IJDDC 2014; 33(3): 123-124
- An interesting case of hyponatremia. Jaiganesh M, TAPIJ 2014; 6(2): 22 – 24.
- Rodiographic abnormalities in the feet of diabetic patients with neuropathy and foot ulceration. Vijay V, Satyavani K. Narayana Rao N. JAPI 2014; 62(11): 30-34 PMID: 26281477
- Opportunistic screening of legal professional for diabesity and hypertension. Vijay V, Muruganathan A, Manikandan R, Vigneswari A, Satyavani K. TAPI J 2014; 6(3): 15 – 18.
- A Simple and Specific Method for Estimation of Lipoic Acid in human Plasma by High Performance Liquid Chromatography. Ezhilarasi K, Sudha V, Geetha Ramachandran, Dhamodharan U, Rama Rajaram, Indira Padmalayam, Vijay V and Hemanth Kumar AK. J Chromat Separation Techniq 2014; 5( 6): 1000245 (Open Access journal)
- Eﬃcacy and safety of a ﬁxed-ratio combination of insulindegludec and liraglutide (IDegLira) compared with itscomponents given alone: results of a phase 3, open-label, randomised,26-week, treat-to-target trial in insulin-naïve patients with type 2 diabetesStephen C L Gough, Bruce Bode, Vincent Woo, Helena W Rodbard, Sultan Linjawi, Pernille Poulsen, Lars H Damgaard, John B Buse, on behalf of the NN9068-3697 (DUAL-I)trial investigators. The Lancet Diabetes and Endocronology 2014; 2(11): 885 – 893.
|M V Publications – 2015
- Effect of a comprehensive training programme for tuberculosis health care providers and tuberculosis patients on diabetes – a report from south India. Vijay V, Vigneswari A, satyavani K, selvan K, Rajeswari R, Kapur A. Int J of Tropical Dis 2015; 5(1): 91-100
- Double burden of diabetes and TB – Experience in India. Vijay V, Satyavani S, Anitha R. Diabetes Voice 2015; 60(1): 22 – 24.
- Preventing microvascular complications in type1diabetes mellitus. Vijay V. Ind J Endo and metabolism 2015, vol 19(suppli1): S36 – 38. PMID: 25941647
- Type 1 diabetes: Awareness, management and challenges: Current scenario in India. K.M. Prasanna Kumar, Banshi Saboo, P.V. Rao, Archana Sarda, Vijay V, Sanjay K, Bipin Sethi, Nalini Shah, S.S. Srikanta, Sunil M Jain, P. Raghupathy, Rishi Shukla, Ashok Jhingan, Subhankar Chowdhury, P.K. Jabbar, Alok Kanungo, Rajesh Joshi, Surendra Kumar, Nikhil Tandon, Vaman Khadilkar, Manoj Chadha. Ind J Endo & Metabolism, 2015;19(supli1):S6 – 8. PMID 25941655
- Topical administration of a connexin43-based peptide augments healing of chronic neuropathic diabetic foot ulcers: A multicenter, randomized trial.Grek CL, Prasad GM, Vijay V, Armstrong DG, Gourdie RG, Ghatnekar GS.Wound Repair Regen. 2015 Mar;23(2):203-12. PMID: 25703647
- Genetic association of IL-6, TNF-α and SDF-1 polymorphisms with serum cytokine levels in diabetic foot ulcer. Umapathy Dhamodharan, Vijay Viswanathan, Ezhilarasi Krishnamoorthy, Rama Rajaram, Vivekanandhan Aravindhan. Gene, 2015 Jul 1;565(1):62-7. PMID: 25839939
- An assessment of fear of self injecting and self testing in insulin treated diabetic patients and its impact on HbA1c. Sripriya S, Anu Jij, Satyavani K, Vijay V. TapiJ 2015; 7(1): 1 – 4.
- Clinical significance of urinary liver type fatty acid binding protein at various stages of nephropathy Vijay V, S Sivakumar, V Sekar, D Umapathy1, S Kumpatla Ind J Nephrology 2015; 25(5): 269-273.
- Novel insulin co-formulation of insulin degludec and insulin aspart (IDegAsp): advancement in diabetes management. Vijay V. TapiJ 2015; 7(2): 1-9.
- Impact of the hypoxia inducible factor-1α (HIF-1α) pro582ser polymorphism and its gene expression on diabetic foot ulcers. Pichu S, Jayalalitha S, Ezhil K, Dhamodharan U, Vijay V. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2015 Sep;109(3):533-40.
- Prevalence of risk factors of diabetes among urban Poor South Indian population
A Vigneswari, R Manikandan, K Satyavani, S Archana, R Rajeswari, Vijay V. Japi 2015; 63(10): 32-34.
- Global Increase in the Prevalence of Diabetes with Special Reference to the Middle East and Asia. Vijay V, Saigopal S. Diabetes Technol Ther. 2015 Oct;17(10):676-8.
- Effect of yogasanas on glycaemic, haemodynamic and lipid profile in newly diagnosed subjects with type 2 diabetes. Satyavani K, Clementina M, Vijay V. IJDDC, 2015; 35( Suppl 2), pp 181-188
- Assessment of depression among type 2 diabetic patients with complications and without complications. Sripriya S, Elayaraja B, Satyavani K, Vijay V. IJDDC 2015, Volume 35, Issue 3, pp 310-313
- Sex differences in cardiovascular risk factors among people with diabetes in South India. Satyavani K, Archana S, Ajay MV Kumar, Shanta A, Vijay V. Japi 2015; 63(12): 20 – 24.
|M V Publications – 2016
- Effect of structured behaviour intervention program on Childhood Obesity. Vijay V, Khan BKS, Vigneswari A, Selvan K, Rajeswari R. Saigopal S. Int J of TRO DIS & Health 2016; 11(4): 1-8.
- Socio-Economic Factors Relating to Diabetes and its Management in India. Shrivastava U, Misra A, Gupta R, Vijay V. J Diabetes. 2016; Vol: 8(1): 12-23 PMID: 26019052
- High Prevalence and Heterogeneity of Diabetes in TB Patients from South India: A Report from the Effects of Diabetes on Tuberculosis Severity (EDOTS) Study. Kornfeld H, West K, Kane K, Kumpatla S, Zacharias RR, Martinez-Balzano C, Li W, Viswanathan V. Chest. 2016; 149(6): 1501-8. PMID: 26973015
- “Living with type 1 diabetes: Life story of Pallavi” Journal of Social Health and Diabetes / Vol 4 / Issue 1 / Jan-Jun 2016
- Proteinuria on non diabetic patients: clinical Significance. Viswanathan V, Rani.AA. Hypertens J, 2016, 2(3):118 – 123
- Use of Retrospective Continuous Glucose Monitoring for Optimizing Management of Type 2 Diabetes in India. Mohan V, Sunil Jain, Jothydev K, Manoj C, Abhay M, Vijay V, Banshi S, Rajiv K, Ambrish M, Dharmen P, John S. JAPI 2016: 64(4): 16 – 21. PMID: 27734636
- Double burden of diabetes and tuberculosis. Vijay V, Saigopal S, Satyavani K. World Clinics Diabetology 2016; 2(1): 23-29. ISBN : 9789352501649
- Diabetes – an ancient disease, epicdemic & an economic burden for the present era. Vijay V and Smriddhi Ranjan. Ind J Med Res, 2016; 143(4): 11-13. PMID: 27377490
- Presence of elevated non-HDL among patients with T2DM with CV events despite of optimal LDL-C – A report from South India. Satyavani K, Anju Soni, S.N. Narasingan, Vijay V. Indian Heart J. 2016 May-Jun; 68(3): 378–379. PMID: 27316499
- Optimizing Technology Use for Chronic Lower-Extremity Wound Healing: A Consensus Document. Mani R, Margolis DJ, Shukla V, Akita S, Lazarides M, Piaggesi A, Falanga V, Teot L, Xie T, Bing FX, Romanelli M, Attinger C, Han CM, Lu S, Meaume S, Xu Z,Vijay V. Int J Low Extrem Wounds. 2016 Jun;15(2):102-19. Review. PMID: 27207900
- Dual role of transforming growth factor (TGFβ) in diabetic nephropathy – A Review. Anitha rani A and Vijay V. TAPIJ 2016; 8 (1) Jan – Apirl: 5 – 10.
- Best practices from Changing Diabetes® in Children India K. M. Prasanna Kumar, Nalini Shah, Vijay V, Archana Sarda, Shuchy Chugh, Dinakaran P. J Social Health and Diab 2016, 4 (2): 137-140
- Effect of standard tuberculosis treatment on naive, memory and regulatory T cell homeostasis in tuberculosis-diabetes co-morbidity. Kumar NP, Moideen K Vijay V, Kornfeld H, Babu S. Immunology. 2016 Sep;149(1): 87-97. PMID: 27289086
- Impact of the Gather mHealth System on A1C: Primary Results of a Multisite Randomized Clinical Trial Among People With Type 2 Diabetes in India. Kleinman NJ, Shah A, Shah S, Phatak S, Vijay V. Diabetes Care. 2016 Oct;39(10): e169-70. PMID: 27493133
- Effectiveness of a Multicomponent Quality Improvement Strategy to Improve Achievement of Diabetes Care Goals: A Randomized, Controlled Trial. Ali MK, Singh K, Kondal D, Devarajan R, Patel SA, Shivashankar R, Ajay VS, Unnikrishnan AG, Menon VU, Varthakavi PK, Viswanathan V, Dharmalingam M, Bantwal G, Sahay RK, Masood MQ, Khadgawat R, Desai A, Sethi B, Prabhakaran D, Narayan KM, Tandon N; CARRS Trial Group. Ann Intern Med. 2016 Sep 20; 165 (6):399-408. PMID: 27398874.
- Replication of genome-wide association signals in Asian Indians with early-onset type 2 diabetes. Chidambaram M, Samuel Liju, Banshi Saboo, Satyavani K, Vijay V, Pankratz N, Myron Gross, Mohan V. Acta Diabetol 2016; Dec 53(6): 915 - 923. PMID:27488727
- Effect of a polyherbal formulation cream on diabetic neuropathic pain among patients with type 2 diabetes - A pilot study. Vijay V, Seena R, Bamila S, Satyavani K. IJMR 2016; 144(2): 215 – 219.
- Modulation of dendritic cell and monocyte subsets in tuberculosis-diabetes co-morbidity upon standard tuberculosis treatment. Kumar NP, Moideen K, Sivakumar S, Menon PA, Vijay V, Kornfeld H, Babu S. Tuberculosis (Edinb). 2016; Dec 101: 191-200. PMID: 27865391
- Postprandial glycaemic response of foxtail millet dosa in comparison to a rice dosa in patients with type 2 diabetes. Janani N, Vimala S, Rohini U, Patricia T, Vijay V. Ind J Med Res 2016; 712-717. PMID: 28361824
|M V Publications – Book Chapter
|M V Publications – 2007
- Epidemiology of Type 2 diabetes and its complications in India. Ramachandran A. Moses Manual on Diabetes Mellitus Ed by Sidharsha Das and Anand Moses IJCP publications 2007; 36 – 45. Chapter 5
- Diabetic Nephropathy. Vijay V and Mamtha B Nair. Moses Manual on Diabetes Mellitus Ed by Sidharsha Das and Anand Moses IJCP publications 2007; 273 – 283. Chapter 31.
- Diabetic renal – retinal syndrome. Vijay V and Mamtha B Nair. Moses Manual on Diabetes Mellitus Ed by Sidharsha Das and Anand Moses IJCP publications 2007; 284 – 289. Chapter 32.
- Diabetic foot and its complications. Vijay V and Sivagami M. Moses Manual on Diabetes Mellitus Ed by Sidharsha Das and Anand Moses IJCP publications 2007; 292 – 299. Chapter 33.
|M V Publications – 2009
- Biochemical parameters and hormonal profile in diabetes. Snehalatha C, Vijay V. RSSDI – Text book of Diabetes Mellitus, Chapter 21, page 335 – 352.
- Pathogenesis of diabetic Micro vascular complications. Vijay V. RSSDI – Text Book of Diabetes Mellitus Vol I& II 2009, Chapter 65, page: 973 – 987.
- Prevention of type 2 diabetes and its complications: The Indian perspective. Vijay V Shabana Tharkar, Priyanka Tilak. API Medicine Update, Chapter 40: 359 – 365.
- Prevention of diabetic nephropathy: The Indian experience. Vijay V, Priyanka Tilak. Type 2 Diabetes and it complications: A Preventive Program. Micro Labs Ltd: 144 – 149.
|M V Publications – 2010
- Peripheral vascular Disease.Vijay V and Balaji V Book chapeter - Prevent death caused by diabetic complications: Diabetes and complications in India - Perspective and treatment options. Elsevier 2010; 188 – 194.
- Diabetic foot. Vijay V. Disease.Vijay V and Balaji V Book chapeter - Prevent death caused by diabetic complications: Diabetes and complications in India - Perspective and treatment options. Elsevier 2010; 195 – 204.
- Population based prevention strategies for childhood obesity – report of the WHO forum for technical meeting. Geneva, 15 – 17 december 2009.
|M V Publications – 2011
- Recent trends and future perspectives in the managemnt of peripheral neuropathy. Vijay V and Divya M. Diabetes care in India today ..and by 2025? Pub by Micro labs99 – 110
- Diabtic Nephropathy: Clinical course, evaluvation, and follow-up recommendations. Singh J and Vijay V. ECAB Clinical Update: Diabetology 37 – 49. Elsevier pub.
- VIPs of healing diabetic foot (Vascular, infection and pressure). Vijay V, Postgraduate Medicine: Cutting edge techmology in Medicine) Vol 25, 2011 Chapter 20: 183 – 188.
|M V Publications – 2013
- Minimizing the risk of Hypoglycemia with Gliptins. Vijay V and Jaiganesh M. Hyperglycemic & Hypoglycemic emergencies in diabetes mellitus. 1sted, Ed by Ashok Kumar Das, 2013 published by Micro Labs Ltd.
- The Double Burden of tuberculosis and diabetes in India. Muruganathan A, Vijay V API – Medicine update 2013; 152 – 155.
- Delivering an Effective foot care for people with Diabetes. Vijay V Chapter 50, API – Medicine Update 2013; 223 – 226.
- Indian National Consensus Group: National Guidelines on initiation and intensification of insulin therapy with premixed insulin analogs. Das AK, Sahay BK, Seshiah V, Mohan V, Muruganathan A, Ajay Kumar, Vijay V etal. Chapter 51, API – Medicine Update 2013: 227 – 236.
|M V Publications – 2014
- Wound healing in diabetes. Vijay V. Uncontrolled diabetes Ed by V. Seshiah and Carl Erik Mogensen, 2014; Chapter no 11: 209 – 223.ISBN: 978-8192656779
- Pathogenesis of microvascular complications of diabetes. Daya Kishore Hazra, Vijay V. Rssdi Text Book of Diabetes Mellitus, 3rd Edition, Ed by Hemrai B Chandalia, Chapter No 63: 2014; 918 – 934.ISBN : 9789351520900
- Economic aspects, Insurance, Driving and employment problems in diabetes. Vijay V. Rssdi Text Book of Diabetes Mellitus, 3rd Edition, Ed by Hemrai B Chandalia, Chapter No 83: 2014; 1263 – 1273.ISBN : 9789351520900
- Recent advances in diabetic foot care: the role of foot wear and orthosis by G.Saraswathy, Gautham gopalakrishna B.N, DAS and Vijay V. Diabetes Mellitus and Human Health Care: A Holistic Approach to Diagnosis ... edited by Anne George, Robin Augustine, Mathew Sebastia. 2014; Chapter 8 : 317-338. (Book Chapter) ISBN 9781926895765
- Prescribing footwear. Vijay V. Contemporary management of the diabetic foot; Chapter no 20: 176 – 84, 2014.
- Non – insulin antihyperglycaemic management in chronic kidney disease. Vijay V. Post graduate Medicine; Chapter no 16: 167 – 78, 2014
- Importance of measuring urea, creatinine ACR & eGFR in DM. Vijay V, Satyavani K, Nayayan Rao V. Common pitfalls &remedies in diabetes management – A Practical guide 2014; 37 – 42.
- CV effects of gliptins. Vijay V. MedicineUpdate 2014; Vol 24.2: 1480-1482.
|M V Publications – 2016
- Optimizing foot care in diabetes. Vijay V. Chapter 49 Medicine Update – 2015; 264-267
ISBN : 978-8192426051
- Pathogenesis of type 1 diabetes mellitus. Sanjeevi CB and Vijay V. API Text book of Medicine 10th Ed. ISBN 978-93-5152-415-1
- Diabetic Foot. Vijay V, Anitha Rani. Medicine Update 2016. Vol – 26, Part .
- A multidisciplinary approach to manage a patient with neuroischemic foot in a tertiary care unit. Vijay V. Diabtes Clinical case serious – I. Ed by Mohan V and Ranjit Unnikrishnan 2016; Chapter 18: 134 – 142. ISBN: 9789352500321
- Epidemiological data of TB and DM. Vijay V and Anitha Rani A. RSSDI Monograph on Diabetes and TB. Ed by Vijay Viswanathan 2016; 6 – 11
- Diagnosis of diabetes in tuberculosis patients. Satyavani K. RSSDI Monograph on Diabetes and TB. Ed by Vijay Viswanathan 2016; 30 – 35
- Diabetes and Clinical Complications: Neuropathy. Vijay V and Anitharani A. In Handbook on Coronary Artery Disease ed by Gundu HR Rao. Chap 15; 203 – 306 Macmillan Medical Communications, New Delhi, India. ISBN 978-93-80780-96-2
- Peripheral vascular disease (PVD) in diabetes. Vijay V, Bamila S, Anitha Rani. RSSDI Hand Book of Diabetes Mellitus, Ed by Sameer Banerjee; 2016: 232 – 235. Pbu by Scientific book com.ISBN: 978-81-931825-0-5.